Friday, July 1, 2011

The sono-dildo!

Well it was our 6 week scan the other day.  i braced myself for another encounter with the dreaded sono dildo.  Why is it that Hollywood never shows someone getting a 6 week scan trans vaginally????  I was terrified the first time round when I went for that.  I had never heard of having a sono done like that because no one tells you!!!

The bit that makes me laugh is the way they put a condom on it.  I mean....really?????  Its not like I'm going to get pregnant.....well more pregnant than I really am.

So all went well this time.  Thanks to my daughter making more than enough room on the way out There was no discomfort.  We saw the tiny little heartbeat which was the most reassuring thing.  Whenever I go for the 6 week scan I cant help but get that scene from Marley and me out of my head where Jen Aniston and Owen Wilson are told there is no heartbeat. 

There is a small bleed in utero but nothing to worry about (yeah right! dont tell me then cos now i will worry).  Now every time I go to the loo I get petrified Im going to see blood.

Thankfully we left with smiles on our faces and 2 pictures of our little kidney bean.

3 comments:

  1. Actually I saw this dildo once in a movie. And there was this ridiculous condom too. That's the one. Yep, typical Jennifer Lopez romantic comedy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's just so RUDE I mean I didn't have dinner bought for me or anything. I felt so used hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete