Sunday, July 3, 2011

Nose of a bloodhound

One weird side effect of pregnancy that not many people talk about is the sense of smell.  I could probably beat my dog in any sniffer dog contest right now.

I dread opening my fridge as it smells like everything is off and my husband looks at me as if im mad.  We came in the house last night after being out and I swore that the house smelt of....well...sh!t for lack of a better word.  I said to my husband..."please tell me you smell sh!t"  he responded with "no"  i said "what do you smell?" He responded, "nothing. it smells really clean".

Its so confusing.  I proceeded to clean the kitchen....again as i was convinced the waste disposal smelt.  I can also smell my daughters diaper movements within minutes of her doing them... I will say "  i think she has pooed"  and my husband will say that he cant smell a thing.  Lo and behold when we checked she has pooed.

Lets not even talk about the diaper genie.  There is only so much smell that those gadgets can keep inside.

I guess the upside is border patrol could hire me to sniff out the coke heads lol!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's odd. I've heard about some changes in taste, but not smell. I wonder how it works. Famous hormones just mess up in your brain and switch the cables the other way round? Definitely odd.

    ReplyDelete