Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cold baths again

Pregnancy is a marvelous thing but even everyday things make you realize just how fragile our bodies are and just how risky the first trimester is.  I suffer from back pain and towards the end of the day my lower back feels like its on fire!

The only thing that cures it is a nice hot bath.  Sadly the OBGYN said hot baths are a no go.  I cant let my body temperature go above 101 degrees so that means the bath water can be no hotter than 100 degrees.  Sounds hot right?

Think again.  Its that really annoying kind of luke warm. The temperature where you would instantly turn on the tap and feel the hot water slowly seep down the bath.  But no.....Im stuck in a luke warm bath with a huge swimming pool thermometer which I now obsessively check every 5 minutes hoping and praying that it goes to 99 degrees so that I can put in some hot water.

Needless to say my back doesn't really get soothed so I go back to old faithful. My hot water bottle.  It works a charm most of the time.  unlike last night when the numpty I am I wasn't watching as I was filling it up and got the wooly cover a bit wet.  I felt a bit soggy.

I just have to focus on the positive.  There is a beautiful baby growing in there and it is a pure delight to be pregnant again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment