Saturday, November 12, 2011

Low blood sugar sends me high

You would think I had learned by now that I need to snack constantly to keep my blood sugar levels good. Well, clearly I'm a slow learner. My husband went out to the shop to get some groceries. I was home and my daughter was having a nap. I was chopping up some boiled eggs to make egg salad when my blood sugar just evaporated. I got the shakes, felt sick and dizzy. My knees started wobbling.

I quickly walked (waddled) to the sofa and laid down. I then lay there resembling ewan macgregor in transporting going cold turkey from drugs.....without the freaky baby crawling across the ceiling. I literally closed my eyes and prayed it would pass.

Darling hubby came home and immediately twigged as to what was wrong and got a huge glass of orange and sprite and made me guzzle the lot. My hands were shaking so bad I had the proper Judy finnegans going on.

Luckily about 10 minutes later I was up and about an feeling pretty normal. Only difference being the baby woke up and went completely crazy in my belly. You would think I had just necked 3 redbulls the way the baby was acting.

My advice girlies is ALWAYS have snacks on you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment