Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Damn you immunities!!

I have always been very healthy. I NEVER take sick days. I don't get colds........except when I am pregnant when all of a sudden every single germ around seems to feel the need to give me some love.

Last week I was finally sent home by my boss. Basically my darling daughter had picked up a cold from daycare. This was a normal cold that was fairly mild. It then permeated into my body and turned into a sore throat rendering, voice stealing, snot inducing, bug eyed travesty!

I looked awful! After about 2 weeks of not sleeping and waking up looking like I just did 10 rounds with Tyson because of the bulgy eyes and tissue shoved up my nose I finally had a melt down at work. I just couldn't function.

I was exhausted, couldn't talk as my voice had gone. That's kinda hard when you recruit and do 20 to 25 cold calls per day!

My boss sent me home and so off I went, a blithering mess I mean seriously blithering. It was like Bambi's mum being killed blithering. I went to my OBGYN and had a meltdown there and they moved me out of the waiting room to a side room.....wow now I feel like elephant man. I'm scaring the other punters!

They sat me down and did a strep throat test which made me nearly vomit. I was put on a course of anti biotics and sent home to rest.

I literally did nothing the rest of the day and also took the next day off. I was exhausted!!! I can look back now but seriously at the time I was just feeling so hopeless.

My advice is do whatever you can to keep those immunities up. Lots of vitamin c and a healthy diet x

I am now recovered and feeling very silly for my meltdown but hey I always have hormones as an excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment