Monday, January 9, 2012

Henry the Eighth: complete twat but also complete genius

Well I guess I better explain myself. Out of all the monarchs in England I have never read as much literature as I have about Henry 8th. I don't know if it's because he was a complete arshole or that he was the only person brave enough to claim himself the head of the church but recently I realized he is a friggin genius.

Whether he got the idea from watching one of his many ill fated wives being pregnant or not but he saw a problem and he found a solution.

In Hampton Court Henry by now being the size of a small planet struck upon a problem that I am also experiencing. I can no longer eat my food with the plate on the table as I can't bend forward enough to eat it. I have to put my plate on my bump and sit back and eat it that way.

Henry's solution? Cut a hole for your belly in the table!!! BINGO! Pass me 6 pheasants wench and top up my Meade! How simple and how effective!

That bloke was an absolute mentalist but I can't help but love the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment