Saturday, January 28, 2012

Evening Primrose

Ok so now that I am 37 weeks and 1cm dilated I am gonna be open to all suggestions to get this baby out. My midwife told me of a great trick involving Evening primrose oil.

Basically twice a day you get an evening primrose capsule, prick it with a needle and shove it up your hoohaa as close to the cervix as you can get it. If you shake hands with your baby you have pushed it too far. You need to make sure the pin is sterile and your hands clean to avoid infection.

The theory is that the oil helps soften the cervix. For all I know it might not do anything but I trust my midwife and I am open to anything. I laughed at our last appointment as she said "right! We are not going overdue on this one" she has a conference at the end of February so I am all up for an early arrival.

Suddenly a nice curry followed by a drive down the railroad tracks sounds appealing.

3 comments:

  1. That was meant to be a smiley face lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from these evening primrose oil benefits, this herbal treatments also has quite a few benefits for a female’s health. Other evening primrose oil benefits consist remedy from asthma and allergies, lessening cholesterol, speed up metabolism, as well as cure skin problems. Certainly, evening primrose oil benefits treatment is beneficial for a female.

    ReplyDelete