Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

Well we finally found out the flavor of the baby. 

I am not one of those people that can do surprises.  I like to have the drawers full of clothes I like to have the name picked out. I have to be organized!

So we went for our anatomy scan.  It was a nice long scan.  The poor baby was all scrunched up in a ball as my bladder was SO full.  I swear I could have cut concrete if I opened the flood gates.

They always start at the top of the head which is so frustrating as all I want to know is the sex.  Of course I also want to make sure there arent random arms and legs in the wrong place too but is it an INNIE or an OUTIE?  Just tell me already.

Baby was cooperating really well but with it being all scrunched up they had to push quite hard to get the right image.  Each time they did it I could picture that little bit of water that you see leaking out of Hoover Dam as there was a serious danger to shipping about to occur if the prodded any harder!!!!

They zoomed in on the face and thats when we realized we are giving birth to Darth Vader.  Everything looked good.  Just the 2 eye sockets so no third eye.  thats one recurring nightmare gone.
Legs and arms looked great.  We saw the little hands and feet.  It just makes my heart melt every time.

We then went down to the business end.  So between the legs she went and we wanted to try and guess.  It was so fuzzy this time round.  Not like with my first.  We strained and strained.  my hubby got right up to the screen.  We both thought possibly boy.  The Sono lady then zoomed further in and said "Nope"  just as she said it.  There it was the good old lady burger!  3 parallel lines.  Hello baby Girl!!!!

We all laughed in sympathy for my poor husband who will now be sharing a house with 3 women and a female dog.  I seriously think he will move out of the house for 4 days a month when they hit puberty.

I am thrilled as I do not need to buy a THING!  We have everything from last time.

Now just got to think of a name!!!!!!!  Actually Lady burger has a nice ring to it.........  JOKE!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, congrats Spenny! :) What a suspense, I couldn't wait until I finally know the sex :) I guess husbands always say they'd want a boy, but at last they love their baby girls the most, just ask my father - also 3 women at home and he never complains :) Congrats again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, i was a true daddys girl. At least I know she will go butter him up for money and not me LOL!

    thanks so much....How are you doing over there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm fine :) think about some antenuptial agreement before she gets 13 :P

    ReplyDelete